2021 refresh of davestewart.co.uk
Content-driven, static Vue site, with an emphasis on simplicity, discovery and interaction.
Creatively, the look is simple, modern and fresh. Technically, it boasts snappy interaction and a more app-like feel than a traditional site.
The site’s engine is VuePress (opens new window), rendering nested project folders of markdown and images, and hosted on Vercel.
It runs a fully custom theme, with feature highlights including:
- Content: optional folder indexes with tree, list and thumbnail views
- Search: text, tag and date filtering with date and tree views
- Media: gallery, image, video, and website embeds
- Gallery: intuitive mouse & keyboard navigation with full-screen presentation mode
- Navigation: breadcrumb and sibling links with additional keyboard shortcuts
In 2021 I found more time to work on the site and added:
- Navigation: desktop + mobile, header + footer navigation
- Reactions / comments: courtesy of Hyvor Talk (opens new window)
- Sharing: links to share to key social platforms
Additionally, new content:
- Home page: new home page with better formatting and work preview
- Blog: an expanded blog with thumbnail navigation and new posts
- Bio: a more informative bio with photo and links
The site’s code can be found on GitHub.
The site also has some handy keyboard shortcuts.
Right- cycle through visible gallery posts
Right- navigate to sibling posts
Up- go up one folder level
Esc- toggle search
Up- walk folder tree